SourcePoint AMD Help
Table of Contents
- Using Help
- Contacting ASSET InterTech
- Introduction to SourcePoint
- SourcePoint Environment
- SourcePoint Overview
- SourcePoint Parent Window Introduction
- SourcePoint Icon Toolbar
- File Menu
- File Menu - Project Menu Item
- File Menu - Layout Menu Item
- File Menu - Program Menu Item
- File Menu - Macro Menu Item
- File Menu - Print Menu Items
- File Menu - Update Emulator Flash Menu Item
- File Menu - Program Target Device Menu Item
- File Menu - Other Menu Items
- Edit Menu
- View Menu
- Processor Menu
- Options Menu
- Options Menu - Preferences Menu Item
- Options Menu - Target Configuration Menu Item
- Options Menu - Load Target Configuration File Menu Item
- Options Menu - Save Target Configuration File Menu Item
- Options Menu - Emulator Configuration Menu Item
- Options Menu - Emulator Connection Menu Item
- Options Menu - Emulator Reset Menu Item
- Options Menu - Confidence Tests Menu Item
- Window Menu
- Help Menu
- How To -- SourcePoint Environment
- Add Emulator Connections
- Configure Custom Macro Icons
- Configure Autoloading Macros
- Display Text on the Icon Toolbar
- Edit Icon Groups to Customize Your Toolbars
- Modify a Defined Memory Region
- Refresh SourcePoint Windows
- Save a Program
- Start SourcePoint With Command Line Arguments
- Use the New Project Wizard
- Verify Emulator Network Connections
- SourcePoint Overview
- Breakpoints Window
- Code Window
- Command Window
- Command Window Overview
- Confidence Tests Window
- Descriptors Tables Window
- Devices Window
- Log Window
- Memory Window
- Page Translation Window
- Page Translation Windows Overview
- PCI Devices Window
- PCI Devices Window Overview
- How To - PCI Devices Window
- Registers Window
- Symbols Windows
- Viewpoint Window
- Watch Window
- Technical Notes
- SourcePoint Command Language
- Commands and Control Variables
- bell (beep)
- Character Functions
- cpubreak commands
- dbgbreak commands
- do while
- execution point ($)
- list, nolist
- log, nolog
- Memory Access
- print cycles
- Register Access
- softbreak, softremove, softdisable, softenable
- string [ ] (index into string)
- taskbreak, taskremove, taskdisable, taskenable
File Menu - Other Menu Items
The file menu also contains these menu items: Save As, Recent Projects, Recent Programs, Recent Macros, and Exit. They are described in more detail below.
Many of the windows in SourcePoint have the capability to save their content display as text to a file. This capability is invoked via File|Save As on the menu bar. The Save As dialog box displays.
The dialog box, which works much like any Microsoft® Windows® Save As screen, also has the ability to save specific ranges of contents. In addition, you can save specific ranges of contents. It is necessary to limit the range of output in many cases because the time it takes to save the data can be well into the minutes.
The range may be of one of the following types:
All of the data from the currently selected window.
The data from the lines currently displayed in the selected window. This is the default setting unless text has been selected.
If you highlight certain data from a window, the Selection field is enabled. Text selection can be accomplished via the keyboard (e.g., shifting the Right Arrow key) or via the mouse (e.g., dragging the mouse over the region while holding down the left mouse button). This is the default when text has been selected. Otherwise, the current display is the default.
Specific data can be identified via beginning and ending range information. The unit of measure will vary, depending on the window.
To help ensure the output text file does not overwrite a file already present, a confirmation dialog box displays.
As the output may take some time, a progress window is shown. The Cancel button is available at any time to stop the output at the shown percentage of the range. The output data up to the time of the cancellation can be saved, thus enabling you to start the output of a large range and then change your mind and stop it at any time.
Select File|Recent Projects on the menu toolbar. The last nine files ("prj") you most recently loaded display. This list is persistent and cumulative between invocations of SourcePoint. The full path displays if the current directory is not the same as that of the file. If the file path is the same as the current directory, only the name and extension of the file display.
Select File|Recent Layouts for a list of SourcePoint layouts you have developed. The last nine files ("lyt") you most recently loaded display. This list is persistent and cumulative between invocations of SourcePoint. The full path displays if the current directory is not the same as that of the file. If the file path is the same as the current directory, only the name and extension of the file display.
Select File|Recent Programs on the menu toolbar. The last nine files you most recently loaded display. This list is persistent and cumulative between invocations of SourcePoint. The full path displays if the current directory is not the same as that of the file. If the file path is the same as the current directory, only the name and extension of the file display.
Select File|Recent Macros on the menu toolbar. The last nine files you most recently loaded display. This list is persistent and cumulative between invocations of SourcePoint. The full path displays if the current directory is not the same as that of the file. If the file path is the same as the current directory, only the name and extension of the file display.
Select File|Exit on the menu bar to exit SourcePoint.
CAUTION: If you have disabled Save Settings on Exit under the General tab of the Preferences dialog box and you wish to retain the data and settings in a currently active window or window group, you must save the Project (".prj") file before exiting SourcePoint. Select File|Save Project on the menu bar to save the file using the current name and location, or File|Save Project As to save it as another file name or location.